I received my first Liebster Award today. To be honest, I didn’t know what it was so I spent a bit of time researching it. I love the idea of creating community, so I will be sure not to “break the chain . Since blogging is about gaining readership, this is a great vehicle to attract new readers to your blog. I was nominated by the very funny and whimsical blogger Baby Gates Down. This blogger’s humor brings to mind other Canadian funny people like Lorne Michaels, Russell Peters and Rob Ford. I want to thank BGD for nominating me and taking the time to read my blog.
Liebster Award – A Brief History
The Liebster is a blog award, given to bloggers by other bloggers. Specifically, the intention is to give it to new, or less followed bloggers (generally under either 100 or 200 followers; but sometimes as high as under 1000 or 3000 followers) to recognize them and welcome them to the blogosphere.
The word “liebster” is German, and has several definitions, but basically means dearest, sweetest, kindest, nicest, beloved, valued … (you get the point).
Variations to the “rules” for accepting the award (as well as the appearance of the award) have been made over time, but generally it appears to be:
- Link back to the one who brung ya to the dance (ie: the blogger who nominated you);
- Post the award to your site somewhere;
- Answer your nominator’s (generally but not always) 11 questions;
- Nominate 5-11 bloggers and notify them; and,
- Pose (generally but not always) 11 questions for them to answer.
And my nominees are:
My questions to you should you choose to accept the mission:
1. Who would cast to play you in the movie version of your life?
2. Sweet or savory?
3. What is your favorite dish to cook?
4. Why do you blog?
5. Who is your muse?
6. Could you become a vegetarian?
7. Will you fold my laundry if I paid you?
8. What is your favorite quote?
9. What are your tips for a new blogger?
10. Dog or cat lover?
11. What is one of your dreams
Here are the answers to the questions I was given:
1. Why do you blog? I initially started this blog to create a platform for my book, but discovered my love for writing and I really want to refine my craft.
2. If you could be anyone for one day, who would it be? My husband on my wedding day
3. Favourite movie? Don’t have one
4. Do you like to dance? “We’re fools whether we dance or not, so we might as well dance.” Japanese proverb
5. What is your ideal evening out of the house? Swimming under the stars at Shelly Bay beach in Bermuda
6. Did you make a New Year’s Resolution? If yes, have you kept it? Never to leave my house in sweats unless I am going to the gym; to faithfully clean out the dryer lint. I kept them both like a boss!
7. Favourite quote? “Creative minds are rarely tidy”
8. Rich and okay or poor and truly happy? Rich and okay
9. Do you believe that work-life balance exists? It exists but it’s a bit like hitting a moving target
10. Chips, candy or what’s your poison? Coffee